Home

The 6th graders were going on a trip tomorrow. Even though I wasn’t going I was excited to stay home for two extra days. I was going to have a four day weekend. I am excited for you to read what I did at home and I am extremely grateful that I  was given the opportunity to go to Camp Hanes. 

It was Thursday morning. I stretched  in my bed and sat up. I realized that 6th grade had just left for Camp Hanes and was happy to be staying at home. I got up, got ready and ate breakfast.  Did some extra math and reading work and ate lunch. It was strange not being able to call my friends in the afternoon to talk with them and play games on the phone with them. My dad came home after work around 1:45 and came to drop my mom off at the airport for the weekend (she was traveling to New Jersey.) I watched Brady Bunch with my dad and sadly finished the whole show. Even though we had finished, that night we watched Ms. Marvel and I baked Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies.

I had just woken up and heard the sound of pouring rain. Rain is my favorite weather and was excited to be getting rain. I  got ready and brushed my teeth. I went down for breakfast and  finished my extracurricular homework. I couldn’t stop thinking about Camp Hanes and was excited for my friends to come back so they could tell me how it went. I ate lunch and read for 1.5 hours. By that time my friends had come home from Camp Hanes. I came down and called them. They said it was an AMAZING trip and was happy to be home. 

3 thoughts on “Home

1. 29anyap

I love that even though you didn’t go to Camp Hanes, you still talked about Camp Hanes. You also added a lot of detail which I love!

Reply